Tirumala limniace? Need confirmation......similar looking species within different genera.....ouch headache! >_<
I went again today as a Christmas present to myself. *^^* And once again had epic observations of epic specimens. I took tons of photos/videos and I think I may have a possible answer to my mystery Mechanitis butterfly.
I had also tried to go to their research library to do obvious research but they're closed on Sundays. :( Must find out exactly when they're open as no one told me about it being closed on Sunday........WTF?!
And Donna (one of the staff who told me the name of my Memphis butterfly) is in on Mondays I think we all know when my next visit will be.....^^♥ And the Saturniids start coming in in January! *.* So January & March get the most visits then apparently?
I'm dying to lay my eyes on my Actias luna again......♥
1. Autumn Leafwing (Doleschallia bisaltide)
2. Indian Leafwing (Kallima paralekta)
3. Giant Swallowtail (Papilio cresphontes)
4. Magnificent Owl (Caligo atreus)
5. Heliconius (Tithonia) terracina
6. Heliconius erato *New form/hybrid/subspecies
7. Ulysses, Blue Mountain Swallowtail (Papilio ulysses) *Landed on me for a few seconds
8. Mechanitis polymnia
9. Cruiser (Vindula dejone)
10. Blue Tiger (Tirumala limniace)?
11. Clearwing *Species/Genus unknown
I think there were more but right now I can't remember. ^^;; Observations will be posted later along with some epic videos.