Ohhhhh my God they had Graphium weiskei!! I was always under the impression that these were larger. Beautiful! © Brittanie McCormack 2011
As you can see I went again today. *^^* On BoA's birthday too of all days. ♥ Got tons of photos...around 30 something this time.
On top of that I have new butterflies to research and do entries on at some point (I'm still behind in filling in for October I've been "distracted" with all this research). Upon my second visit to the Gates of Heaven I've learned even more.
I cannot wait to visit again but I have bigger and badder things to save up for (Actias luna cocoons, books, nets, etc). I'll be going after I get my precious (A. luna) sorted out. I got about half done so far.
A Heliconius erato had landed on me twice.........the same one too within an hour(s) period I believe. I swear it's like they know....♥ I'll never get tired of saying this either. My face was "raped" by what I believe was a Charaxes solon. These are very bulky butterflies. It felt like I was holding a grasshopper!
The only thing I could think of besides it just being a very heavy butterfly was that the one I observed was gravid.......but it didn't look it at all. Hmmmmm.......No Saturniids this time but I did find out that the best time to see them there is in March towards Spring. ♥
I already have planned dates:
March 1st (My B-day I'll be 20....Holy shit!)
March 20th (First day of Spring)
And anything in between that. *^^*
1. Green Banded Swallowtail (Papilio phorcas) *Landed on me for a brief minute fluttering like mad as if to say "Hello" *^^*
2. Banded Peacock (Anartia fatima) *Was identified as a "Black Peacock" saw several of these held a newly released one.
3. Great Mormon (Papilio memnon) *Several males flitting around the same plant
4. Common Mormon (Papilio polytes)
5. Red/Malay Lacewing (Cethosia biblis) *Female being released
6. Great Southern White (Ascia monuste)
7. Charaxes solon? *Or something similar
8. Cracker (Hamadryas sp.)
Let the research/blogging begin!