Monday, November 07, 2011

NHM Butterflies: Banded Peacock (Anartia fatima)

Banded Peacock (Anartia fatima) Sorry for the fuzziness. *^^*

Such beauties. Remind me of the Admirals (Limenitis sp.). I know nothing on these so further research later will have to take place. But that's for later. ^^

These were identified as "Black Peacocks" I wonder where that name came from because Googling with that name came up with nothing. I had to use the scientific name. Smh.....

Photobucket

This was one of the newly released ones. He/She headed straight for my jacket more or less. How sweet! I guess it liked the color? I don't blame you it' s a nice shade of green indeed. *^^*

Banded Peacock (Anartia fatima):

Observations:

The first one in the first photo was perched on some flowers and I managed to get 2 pictures and get an ID as I didn't know what it was at the time only that I've seen pictures before. *^^* The one on my jacket was one of many butterflies being released and there were several of them in the mix. One head straight for my jacket. =)

I managed to get videos of the butterflies (in general) being released now I just have to figure out how to post them since Youtube is not an option (site's not working for me Idk why).

I'll get back to you on that one. More entries to be worked on!!

2 comments:

zahirdeshi said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Cheap Flights said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.