Sunday, April 21, 2013

Moth List (A List of Moths Identified in my Area)

Microcrambus biguttellus 06-25-12

Another late nighter for me so I compiled a list of sorts of all the moths I have seen last year & throughout the years (for some) that I have successfully, or somewhat successfully identified.

I hope to add to this of course as the years go on.

My House/Park:

Sycamore Tussock (Halysidota harrisii)
The White-Speck (Mythimna unipuncta)
Underwing (Catocala innubens)
Bent-Line Carpet (Costaconvexa centrostrigaria)
Gold-Stripe Grass-Veneer (Microcrambus biguttellus)
Sober Renia (Renia sobrialis)
Common Looper (Autographa precationis)?
Pugs (Eupethecia spp.)
Yellow-Striped Armyworm (Spodoptera ornithogalli)
Lucerne Moth (Nomophila nearctica)
Maple Span Worm (Ennomos subsignaria)
European Corn Borer (Ostrinia nubilalis)
Hummingbird Clearwing (Hemaris thysbe)
Green Cloverworm (Hypena scabra)
Ailanthus Webworm (Atteva aurea)
Unidentified White Micromoth


Elsewhere:

Isabella Tigermoth (Pyrrharctia isabellae)
Lichen Moth (Crambidia pallida)
Dubious Tiger Moth (Spilosoma dubia)?

Supposed Spilosoma dubia

However looking at it again, comparing images in the Peterson's Fieldguide to Moths of North Easter North America I don't think it's Spilosoma dubia........no idea. I'll have to research more.

Pretty though. Was found in the window of a closed down store last year (I think it might still be there 0_0). Pitty I couldn't get to it for better observation/ID's but at least the pic is decent. ^^

Will edit as necessary. ^_^

No comments: