Sunday, January 27, 2008

Bug Facts Series

All of the following is from one of the Yahoo! Groups that I'm a member of about insects and spiders. Well one thing you should know before reading the first set of fact is this:

Warning: The following will contain facts that might not be so easy on your stomach. So if you have an uneasy stomach, STAY AWAY FROM THESE POST.

Thank you and have a good day

*Claps hands*

Now on to business!

1. Sex among African bat bugs is a violent affair. During copulation,
males of the species pierce the abdomens of their mates with their
genitals and ejaculate directly into their blood. (OUCH!)

It's true! Look it up if you have to!

2. The Asian Cyprian honeybee kills its nemesis, the Oriental hornet, by smothering with other honeybees as a mob, causing the hornet to asphyxiate.

I shall look these up further.

Bug Property Laws:

If you own a rat take responsibility. Follow the laws.

RAT PROPERTY LAWS:

1. If I like it, it's mine.
2. If I've peed on it, it's mine.
3. If I can take it from you, it's mine.
4. If I had it a little while ago, it's mine.
5. If you've got something larger, it's mine.
6. If I'm chewing something up, all the pieces are mine.
7. If it's in my reach, it's mine.
8. If I saw it first, it's mine.
9. If you are playing with something and you put it down, it
automatically becomes mine.
10. If it's broken or it tastes bad, it's yours.

More coming! Enjoy! Bug Of The Month coming shortly.

2 comments:

Mycologista said...

I had a lovely rat as a pet, and all you say is true. He had a thing about a plastic egg (he couldn't bite it, so of course he would take it into a corner and go nuts trying). I TOLD my friend to leave him alone when he has his egg, but he put his hand in the cage anyway...what do you think happened?

Brittanie said...

OMG!

That's unbelievable!

His poor hand! I hope there wasn't too much blood shed....XD

They're also sneaky little devils. I'm sure you had to keep your eyes on him 24-7 no? ^_^

How bad was it though? I hope your friend didn't loose any fingers.

That would be horrible! XD