Thursday, June 14, 2012

2012 Year of the Lepidoptera: Pyrrharctia isabella



IT. LAID. EGGS.! OH. MY. GOD.!

I am speechless. Absolutely bloody speechless. I had found this beauty on the steps in the train station of all places on my way to meet a friend and proceeded to take her with me (hence the jar) all the while I was smiling like an idiot on the entire train ride holding said jar with her in there fluttering like mad and looking gorgeous.

And then of course I had to go showing her to anybody and everybody like the trophy she most definitely is. It wasn't until I was on my way to visit family that the icing was added to an already epic cake.

SHE LAID EGGS!!

I then proceeded to jump up and down like a child on Christmas going "OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG" . I'm serious too. XD I literally jumped up and down I was so happy (Is this normal? They literally make me that happy and then some). ^^;;;; So that sealed it for me. I was keeping her (was going to let her go in the park) so I went home and proceeded to set up my little "Lepidopteran pavillion thingy" and make her as comfy as possible while she laid her precious eggs.

Even had the honor of her laying them on my hand has I had held her for a bit to get a better look at her gorgeous self.



Playing around. Was cut short due to memory card being full. XD Don't worry she was safely up righted of course.

Bunking with me of course. Best. Roommate. Ever.

God bless you Lepidoptera

2 comments:

Angela said...

Fun, Fun!!! I miss being able to just enjoy insects instead of killing them with insecticides! :( I have hope tho; graduate school is almost over :) so maybe I can go back to just enjoying the little beauties!

Brittanie said...

Oh yes!

Whenever you can go out and enjoy them. They really are amazing creatures. =)