Saturday, December 31, 2016

Moth Fest 2016

Tolype velleda 10-06-16

They outdid themselves this year. I cannot emphasize how amazing they were this year. So many I have never seen before and so many I never thought I would lay eyes on in the city (by a river but still). I'm pooped so I'll make this quick and post more properly later:

Tolype velleda 10-06-16

This lovely was found by my place down by the river smack dab on the sidewalk where I proceeded to camwhore like no tomorrow. I then relocated it to a safer place afterwards. I have never seen them in person before.....ever. And I never expected to......much less in the city. Amazing. I hope to see many many more.

They feel like velvet. I suspect all Lasiocampids do.

Malacosoma americana 06-15-16

First time seeing the adults. And once again smack dab in the city proper. Across the street from my house underneath the closing gate of a local furniture store. I had a ball. Earlier in the season I had found a cocoon of one of these lovelies down by the river by my place. So I have seen the caterpillars (upstate or Massachusetts can't remember) the cocoons and now the adults. ♥


Helicoverpa zea 10-05-16

Cutest. Face. Ever.

Really should just make a separate post for all of this. There's too many. XD

Anticarsia gemmatalis 10-20-16


First ever. Period

Sunira bicolorago 10-20-16


About 2-3 of these I think. Blanking cause I'm tired. XD First for me.

Sunira bicolorago 10-20-16 

What. A Cutie. Pie.

Ok.......pooped will write proper post later with more pic spam and details. Have fun and stay safe. Happy New Year!

ɛïɜ


11 comments:

liza said...

nice post

Sathya said...

Awesome pictures and interesting information and attractive.This blog is really rocking... Yes, the post is very interesting and I really like.

Devil's Angel said...

Amazing article written by the author/writer.
A great deal of research has been done on the topic.
Read more on best IAS institute jaipur and if you are looking for a news site,
checkout this Latest news In World | Breaking News | HOB | House Of bakchodi.
Looking for relocating to some place and finding difficulty in moving your stuff?
call to best packers and movers in jaipur

Anonymous said...

Hello...
Really I am impressed with this article. I haven't any word to appreciate this article. The author who created this post he is a great human.
Thanks for sharing.
--
Plese check my article on Adware Removal Tool

Laxman S said...

I’m really impressed with your article, such great & usefull knowledge you mentioned here. Thank you for sharing such a good and useful information here in the blog
Kindly visit us @
Social Media Marketing Company India
Social Media Marketing Packages in India
SEO Company in India
Google Adwords Pricing in india
Google Adwords company in India

Maketting SEO said...

jhf

sh3ban osama said...

Thank you very much for this subject, and thank you again for the benefit you have obtained from it. Please visit our website, which provides many home services and give your opinion with all the credibility and transparency, all you have to do is visit one of the links shown before you. I will provide a quick description of the services provided through our company. We provide all cleaning services from houses, villas, We also provide insect extermination services with the best imported pesticides.
شكرا جزيلا على هذا الموضوع الشسق والجميل وشكرا مرة اخرى على الاستفادة التى حصلت عليها من خلاله . وارجو من حضراتكم زيارة موقعنا الخاص والذى يقدم العديد من الخدمات المنزلية واعطاء رايكم بكل مصدقية وشفافية كل ما عليكم هو زيارة احدى الروابط الموضحة امامكم , وسوف اقوم بوصف سريع للخدمات المقدمة من خلال شركتنا نقدم جميع خدمات التنظيف من منازل وفلل وكنب ومجالس ويتم العمل من خلال فريق عمل مدرب على اعلى مستوى كما نوفر ايضا خدمات ابادة حشرات بافضل المبيدات المستوردة . شركة رش مبيدات بجازان
شركة تنظيف فلل بجازان
شركة تنظيف شقق بجازان
شركة تنظيف مجالس بجازان
شركة رش مبيدات بابو عريش
شركة مكافحة حشرات بابو عريش
شركة تنظيف منازل بابو عريش
شركة تنظيف مجالس بابو عريش
شركة تنظيف فلل بابو عريش

clar said...

This is so cool. Amazing creatures.
DogsNStuff.net

Pest7mall said...

Thanks for sharing this interesting post. The pests are the most common found in and around the house. You should use products to kill it. You can buy products from Pest7mall.

Bandar Slot Online said...

I really enjoy your article..
nice picture, i will followup with your article..
thanks

Pluskwy Bydgoszcz said...

These photos are amazing! We rarely see insects in this way.