Saturday, April 21, 2012

Chrysomelid Epicness



I cannot express how beautiful these are!! This is my first time seeing any of the Cassidinae and I've always wanted to lay eyes on any of these as they're some of my favorites of the Chrysomelidae and lo' and behold I get this beauty as a firstie. ♥♥♥♥

I also found 2 Psyllobora vigintimaculata or Propylea quatuordecimpunctata.......Idk which they're so tiny. I tried to get pics but it was just blech. >_<  All of these bad boys were observed on the leaves of Keolreuteria paniculata. *^^*

Is this a coincidence? I'm no expert on the Chrysomelidae or the Coccinellidae but is it a coincidence that they were found on the same tree? Or is it just "diversity"?

Input is greatly appreciated. And after today I've learned I need to pay more attention to the leaves and not just the flowers of various plants & trees. Lots of hidden treasures. Lots of research is underway now. Long time no see *^^*

The 2 ladybugs were on the underside of the leaves and "allowed" me to observe them before either flying off (in the case one individual) or walking onto the upper side of the leaf (in the case of the other individual) which I find odd.....isn't it supposed to be the opposite as walking to the upperside of leaves might put you in the sight of potential predators?

Once again I must learn more. This is fun!

Must go fill in post now since I'm behind in some.....life's been busy. Love you all! *Kissies*

1 comment:

Examsheets said...

I collected a lot of interesting things from your blog especially its discussion. From the comments in your posts, I believe I’m not alone having all the enjoyment here! keep up the great work.