Monday, February 04, 2008

Centipede Joke

I nearly fell off my seat when I finished reading this.

A man goes into a pet shop and tells the owner that he wants to buy a
pet that can do everything. The shop owner suggests a faithful dog.
The man replies, "Come on, a dog?"
The owner says, "How about a cat?"
The man replies, "No way! A cat certainly can't do everything. I
want a pet that can do everything!"
The shop owner thinks for a minute, then says, "I've got it! A
centipede!"
The man says, "A centipede? I can't imagine a centipede doing
everything, but okay, I'll try a centipede."
He gets the centipede home and says to the centipede, "Clean the
kitchen."
Thirty minutes later, he walks into the kitchen and it's
immaculate! All the dishes and silverware have been washed, dried,
and put away; the countertops cleaned; the appliances sparkling; the
floor waxed. He's absolutely amazed.
He says to the centipede, "Go clean the living room."
Twenty minutes later, he walks into the living room. The carpet
has been vacuumed; the furniture cleaned and dusted; the pillows on
the sofa plumped; plants watered. The man thinks to himself, "This is
the most amazing thing I've ever seen. This really is a pet that can
do everything!"
Next he says to the centipede, "Run down to the corner and get me
a newspaper."
The centipede walks out the door. 10 minutes later...no
centipede. 20 minutes later... no centipede. 30 minutes later...no
centipede. By this point the man is wondering what's going on. So he
goes to the front door, opens it... and there's the centipede sitting
right outside the door.
The man says, "Hey! I sent you down to the corner store 45
minutes ago to get me a newspaper. What's the matter?"
The centipede says, "I'm going, I'm going, I'm just putting on my
shoes!"

8 comments:

Clover said...

This is really a great read for me. Thank you for publishing articles having a great insight stimulates me to check more often for new write ups. Keep posting!

Clover
www.n8fan.net

sophia said...

i wish to say that this write-up pressured me to try reading it! your writing taste has surprised me. thank you, quite a great post.

www.joeydavila.net

sarah lee said...

I really enjoyed reading your article. I found this as an informative and interesting post, so i think it is very useful and knowledgeable. I would like to thank you for the effort you have made in writing this article.


edupdf.org

Leslie Lim said...


I love this post, and I was absolutely thrilled to see the other links that you published that go along with this topic. Thank you for sharing your thoughts. I am happy to be a new follower. :)

champ
www.imarksweb.org

joy said...

We all need challenges in our life to keep motivated. I really had a great time scanning and reading your blog site and i was so amazed with your great artwork. I do hope you could inspire more readers. You can also visit my site for some interesting stuff.

n8fan.net

www.n8fan.net

lee woo said...

Love it! Very interesting topics, I hope the incoming comments and suggestion are equally positive. Thank you for sharing this information that is actually helpful.


ufgop.org
ufgop.org

Barbie Chiu said...

Thanks for sharing your article and for giving us the chance to read it. It is very helpful and encouraging. Visit my site too.

triciajoy.com

www.triciajoy.com

Cindy Dy said...

Amazing and nice looking site please love it and make more effective… keep it up.

www.gofastek.com